U.S. Immigration 101: Understanding the Adjustment of Status

When you want to apply for lawful permanent resident status, also known as a Green Card, there are generally two ways to go about it. If you are outside of the United States, you must go through a process called consular processing, which involves, in part, applying at a U.S. Department of State consulate in your home country. “Adjustment of status” is a little different: it means applying for your Green Card when Read More